Monday, August 15, 2011

Trader Joe’s Sea Salt & Pepper Crisps-Made with Rice


I’m and avid Trader Joe’s shopper, and I love trying all their new food products that they promote in their stores. I recently came across ‘Sea Salt & Pepper Crisps’ earlier this summer, and I have not gotten tired of them yet! I encourage all of you try these or any type of product similar to these. These crisps, made from rice, make a great low calorie snack. They crunch in your mouth like potato chips, but are full of so much more flavor even though they are baked with 65% less fat (also trans-fat free).  There is no wheat added and it contains 11 grams of whole grains per serving, only 22 carbohydrates for those counting carbs. A serving is 38 crisps which is about 120 calories!! That’s a low calorie snack that you don’t have to feel guilty about munching on. These crisps are great plain or as I like them, with hummus (I prefer tomato basil hummus). The crisps and the hummus have become and an essential purchase each week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment