- 2 1/2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons (4 oz or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
For the Glaze:
- 4 teaspoons brewed espresso
- 1 tablespoon vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- For the Bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, add brewed espresso. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in the yogurt, all of the all-purpose, butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract.
4. Beat on medium speed until all ingredients are well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Divide half the batter into another bowl and add in the dissolved espresso and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, alternating spoonfuls of the vanilla and mocha batter, creating a checkerboard pattern. Create 3 layers of this pattern. Run a knife or long skewer through the batter, using a swirling motion, to create the marble effect.
7. Bake for about 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then remove from loaf pan, and cool completely on a cooling rack.
For the Glaze:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the brewed espresso and yogurt. Then whisk in the sifted powdered sugar until smooth. If the glaze is too thick add in a few drops of water and mix. Spread the glaze onto the cooled cake.
Recipe from Coach and Counselor, originally posted at Portuguese Girl Cooks. Sharing this recipe Jam Hands. I've added a few of my own modifications to this recipe.