Wednesday, October 5, 2011

U-Pick Vegetable Garden








Who knew you could go pick your vegetables? It was like going to an apple orchard. You fill up a bag and pay $7 dollars for it. Really? Thats all?? My sister and I split our bag so I really only paid $3.50 for all the vegetables you see in the last picture. They had eggplants, tomatoes, peppers of every kind, turnips, kale, pumpkins...the list goes on. We came accross this vegetable garden this past weekend as we were driving to an apple orchard out in Woodstock, Illinois. This is really a great deal for fresh produce, and this is the first time I have ever seen something like this. It really did make the concept of eating healthy for the week inexpensive and easy. That eggplant is big enough to feed a family of 4 people. I recommend this for any family on a budget. Do some research online and find the nearest U-Pick vegetable garden to you.

1 comment: