Thursday, March 7, 2013
Image from cozycakescottage.com
4 carrots, roughly sliced
4 celery stalks, roughly sliced
1 lb beef stew meat
5 Yukon gold potatoes (or red potatoes)
1 cup frozen peas (optional)
3 Tbsp Flour
1 pkg McCormick Beef Stew Mix
3 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1. Turn crock pot on low heat. Prepare vegetables as indicated and put in crock pot.
2. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Meanwhile, coat beef stew meat in flour. Saute beef stew meat in oil until browned. Mix in 1 cup of water and McCormick seasoning packet. Bring to a boil.
3. Pour meat and sauce into crock pot with vegetables. Add 2 cups of water. Mix well.
4. Cook stew in crock pot on low heat for 8 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. May add 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with a couple tablespoons of water to stew to create a thicker gravy.