Friday, January 20, 2012

Chocolate Creme Pie

I made this delicious pie for dessert over at my sister-in-laws house last month. My niece loved it, so I certify this pie as kid approved! My mom created this recipe and suggested it when I was debating on what to make. Thanks mom!
1. Bake prepared pie crust according to package directions making sure to poke numerous holes in all parts of the crust using a fork to prevent it from puffing up. I admit this happened on the first crust, and it was pitched in the garbage. Just keep an eye on the crust as it bakes and if begins to puff, use a fork to poke more holes while still in the oven.

2. Prepare the filling in a medium sized bowl and pour into the cooled crust. Mix together 2 packages chocolate instant pudding with 2 cups cold milk and 1 container cool whip (I used Trader Joe's cool whip- so excited to find this product at their stores!).

3. To garnish the pie, melt semi sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on low setting (this is the hassle free way) or in a pyrex bowl over a pot of boiling water. Once melted, use a spoon to drizzle over the pie. Place in fridge to let pie filling set and chocolate will harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment