Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday!

The day before Ash Wednesday is known by many different names such as Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras or Paczki Day. As we turn into the season of Lent, Fat Tuesday, as many know it, is the last day of feasting.

This is the dietitian's loop hole as I know it. Here is the chance to be gluttonous without any guilt. Use up your eggs, butter and milk and enjoy your pastries and pancakes because traditionally these are forbidden during Lent.

Lent is also a good time to abstain from gluttonous eating habits. Think of one eating habit that you would like to change and vow to abstain from it during this season. You may kill a bad habit. Years ago, I abstained from drinking juice and soda during Lent, and I have continued to abstained from it for 6 years. I admit that I do have juice or soda occasionally, but it is no longer part of my usual intake. Water is my main beverage of choice.

Happy Fat Tuesday!-Happy Mardi Gras!-Happy Paczki Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment